I am beyond frustrated! (rant)

My SIL decided at the last minute that she was going to go to Tampa with her DS and SO for Christmas, so she won't be able to make it to our usual gathering at FIL's house. She decided that we should all meet up over there today and exchange gifts because SHE can't make it tomorrow... I am really bothered by the fact that we don't even have a good relationship with her and SO is insisting that we go over there NOW, in 35 minutes! WTF? I don't want my kids opening their gifts from their Grandpa until we go over there tomorrow afternoon for dinner... Am I being unreasonable? I just don't see how her last minute decision should constitute an emergency on my part... I also don't want my kids to have to sit there and watch their cousin open his gifts! Any advice would be appreciated...

itsjaimiehere

Asked by itsjaimiehere at 1:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• I would say that you're not avaliable, and wish them well on their trip.. But that is just me!
    Anonymous

• As my Dad used to say " A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" So nope you are not being unreasonable, tell them you are busy that you make plans already
    Anonymous

• I'm with you. I'd tell dh "no, we can celebrate with her when she gets back"

Answer by admckenzie at 1:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I'm with you too. You can't expect an entire family to change their plans for you at the 11th hour. Tell her she can stop by for gifts AFTER Christmas.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go. You don't have to go. Just explain this last minute stuff doesn't fly and you have other things you planned to do!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I am absolutely not afraid of telling her how I feel, but SO seems to feel like we need to cradle her little feelings in order to make his father happy. =( I would never EVER ask someone to drop what they were doing and change their plans on account of me. I guess not every one can be as considerate...
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 1:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• suck it up and deal w/ things the way they r this yr. be the bigger person
    Anonymous