Who has to work on the Holiday? including SOs

i understand the world doesnt stop on the holidays, but it sure would be nice to have my husband home for christmas eve, especially since its when we do our celebrations for the most part. dh is a material damage appraiser for insurance, and he has tomorrow off. i could not believe the amount of people that DEMANDED he come on christmas day. it just makes me mad that people have no consideration for things like this.

well, Merry Christmas to everyone! i hope its a good one, even if you have to work!

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 1:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm working today! Until noon anyhow..

My building is open until 5, so I'm lucky that our office gets to close at noon!
    Anonymous

• My hubby is a restaurant GM so yah, he's there til at least 5 today, which is when they're closing today, plus however longs it takes to get all the idiots organized and done! They are thankfully closed tom. and since he's the GM he got to schedule himself off Sat. too, yay!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 1:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My fiancee chooses to work holidays so that he can make more money - he gets time and a half so now that we have our son, that helps out big time. He's only workin til mid afternoon tomorrow so it won't be SO bad.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 1:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My husband doesn't have to work on Christmas Eve/Christmas this year, but he has before. The way my husband's schedule is, he will work on Thanksgiving/Christmas Eve/Christmas for 4 years and then have 4 years of being off on those days.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My husband has to work today but he is supposed to get off early. We'll see. Honestly I'm okay with it. I am dreading what we have to do when he gets off work.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My mom has to work. She's a greeter at Walmart. Hubby doesn't have to, but other people at his office have to work.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Thank goodness I'm off Christmas Eve/Christmas. My SO, however had to work a short day today but he's off tomorrow! YAY!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• mine is working because news never stops...ugh.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I'm not working because I'm on maternity leave, but my husband is in Iraq, so he is working.
    lvnmysldr

Answer by lvnmysldr at 3:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2009