HELP!! Veet just burned the skin right off my legs! What can I put on it?

I used Veet on my legs...it's been awhile. I think I left it on too long or rubbed it in too much! What can I put on my burning legs? Looks like some of my skin came off! Please help....It hurts soooo bad!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OUCH! I dd that a few years back(and haven't touched the stuff since) and the only thing that worked was Silver Sulfadine(sp?) that I got from my DR and cool compresse and elevating my legs/s.Feel Better I feel your pain.
    Anonymous

• not sure maybe aloe vera gel?
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Oh my! I suppose it would be best to use aloe. Since your skin is broken, you have to be really careful with what you put on it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• How long did you wait after shaving before you used veet. When using a depilatory like veet you need to not shave for about 3 weeks. You actually remove the top layer of skin when you shave.. If you don't give it time to grow back, the depilatory eats at it. You have a chemical burn. Try a solarcane spray, it has lidocane in it, and will numb it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I took a first aid class for this.. When this happens cover your legs with wet cold cloths cover every inch of it. and keep the cloths wet and cold if u have to rewet do so. iwouldnt rub anything but pure aloe, or some neosporen would also help
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 1:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Oh God, Thank you ladies! I did put Neosporin with pain reliever in it on it! It's helping a little! NEVER AGAIN!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2009