are you a pack rat? clutter bug?

so i know my MIL is...she's had this refrigerator downstairs that hasnt worked in years just sitting down there, used for storage for just stuff. she's also a custodian at a school and she takes every little thing they want to throw away home "just in case" . she one time brought home one of those magazine racks that took up a huge amount of space from the school.

she even took home some computers that they wanted to throw away. she stores away the littlest things just in case she would ever need it in the future. she's even kept this coffee table thats about to crumble before our eyes in the middle of the living room which she recovered with sticky paper to make it look nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No-----less is more. I have to keep my husband in check or we would have tons of crap! While his parent's house is very nice . . . it's FULL of nice stuff. Just because you have an open space . . .doesn't mean you should fill it. I can't deal with clutter--makes me crazy!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• im not... eh.. i couldnt live in a house like that
    Anonymous

• lol this day and age I can slightly understand keeping things "just in case" everything is getting so expensive but to answer your question, no I am not a pack rat or clutter bug. hubby tries to be bug when he isnt looking the garbage goes out :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I'm not, but MIL and my Dad are, so we try to not be like that. It sucked growing up in houses with tons of clutter.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 2:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I'm not! but hubby is and it drives me crazy!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• No, I tend to lean more the other way and throw out or give away stuff I end up needing later. I just don't like having anything out!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• sorta a combo of both but not extreme. I still have all my notes from college, thinking I might oneday go back and read them...but they have been in the same moving box for years. dusty in fact. I am also having trouble letting go of some of my old clothes that don't fit me since getting pregnant. Hoping one day I'll fit back in them, but that might be a while and by then I'll be "too old" to wear that style LOL. SO brings a lot of random things home from work. Since we dont have a whole lot of room, we have piles of stuff on the dining room table (in other words we dont eat at the table) and on one of the couches. we also have random stuff all over the backyard.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• im not as bad as some, you can still move around freely in my house lol. right now i going through stuff and getting rid of those just in case items. i tossed 3 small pieces of furniture and cant believe the difference it made. i cant wait till tax check so we can get a smaller dining set, then i get get my dining room back. we got a table that seats 8 at a yard sale that seats 8 after my daughter moved from high chair to booster being we had a glass table b4. Now my SIL is horrble they have a 2 bedroom apt and have enough stuff to fill a 8 bedroom house. i hate going over there cause its so cluttered, i will never get that bad
    Anonymous