Have you ever had someone do something unexpected to bless you during the holidays?

The Christmas I was 9 my dad and 2 older brothers had just died in a plane crash and our families was somewhat dazed by it all. Some college students came to our house with gifts and a basket of food. We had enough money to meet our needs and get gifts, but it was SO special for someone to show us they cared.

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 2:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• I was a single mom with a 3 year old daughter. I didn't get child support, I worked 48 hours a week for 6 bucks an hour. My parents babysat for free but things were still always really tight. Working all the time I didn't have time to sign up for a charity for presents for my daughter, and I was only able to get her a few small things.
    Any how, I have no idea how they found out about me, who could have told them or put me on their list, but the police showed up a few hours after I got off of work Christmas eve and brought me a bunch of presents and a box of food. There were presents for both my daughter and myself.
    I wasn't expecting it and I ended up crying while I was thanking them. I was so blown away. Never in my life was I more touched. I tried to get them to tell me who was behind it so that I could thank them, and they wouldn't tell me. It's been over 10 years ago now but I still feel touched.
    Merry Christmas!
    Anonymous

• Yes, let me share...

I go to a pregnancy clinic once a week. It's a religion based organization for young mothers who either are pregnant or have young children. I became very close to these people since I was 8 wks pregnant with Tonio. They donate clothes and you earn points and you can earn points for clothes, formula, diapers, etc. It helped when I was pregnant and without a job. Anyway, I got a call yesterday from one of the ladies I know there saying "Come in tomorrow at about 3:15 PM and we have a suprise for you." I came in today and two of these ladies made me sit by the Christmas tree and told me about the surprise. A man, anonymously gave me a gift. He wanted to give someone a gift, anyone. He gave me a card telling me how his mother died in September and knew my mom had passed. I grabbed the paper enclosed in the card, opened it up, and it was $500!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooooooo shocked! I asked Donna, "why me?" She
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• told me it was because he saw my picture on the webpage and read my story and liked it!! OMG!!..I'm almost in tears typing this... I don't even know who he is! I want to thank him but I can only do it through a card. I wish I knew who this wonderful person was...
    LaurenKaye29

• YES! The principal at my son's middle school called me and asked me if there was anything they could do for my sons for Christmas. I have to finish this before I start crying. They got him and his brother new sneakers and mp3 players. A teacher from my son's middle school dropped off a real tree and decorations. It's so nice to know that people care. I will never forget their kindness and their generosity.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Last Christmas friends of ours (who hubby works for in the fall) paid him extremely well for his work, but then on top of that gave us a $500 gift card to my favorite grocery store - we were in absolute shock - $500! That was 2 months worth of groceries for us, at a time when money was tighter than they could have known about. A few years ago, someone or a group donated stuff to our church, to be dispersed - we think it had to be someone in our church because they bought specifically for each child. Our family & a few others benefitted - all the kids got a coat (my kids all had one so it was a spare), pajamas, socks, a couple of toys, and I know there was more but I can't remember what anymore. Money for gifts was tight that year too so they had extras to open Christmas morning. I can't wait til we can afford to pay it forward, I'm so excited to do it but we just don't have the means yet!
    Anonymous

• last Christmas was a hard one for us. We had just moved to a new place and my husband and I were having a hard time getting anything for the kids. I wish I knew who did it but a Christmas card came in the mail and it had a return address from the North Pole. I found it odd but opened it up and there was a $300 gift card to Wal-mart and a $150 gift card to the store I shop at all the time. I started crying because if it had not been for whoever sent that card then my boys would not of had anything except for something that I made myself to open. I have no clue who sent it and I wish I could thank them.

This year we were able to buy for kids off of the Angel Tree because we are doing A LOT better than last year. But I wish there was a way to just say Thank you to the person or people who were able to help my boys out last year.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2009