How long will it take you?

Currently you owe $322K as your share of the current national debt (incl. SS and Medicare). How long will it take you to pay off your share?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll get right on that ... sorry! Our family fell a little behind while we were getting our 3 kids through college (almost done, except for the youngest's graduate studies in a couple of years !).

So, right after we pay off our $50K mortgage we'll start chipping away at that.

Thanks for the reminder !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• They will have to take my share in trade because I am not the bread winner. It would take several years for me to pay my share if I got a full time job. By taxation? They will have no chance of me paying my whole share.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Is that every American's share (including children)? Every working person's share? Every adult's share? Every tax-payer's share? My answer will change depending on that -- whether I'm included despite not paying income tax, or whether I have to take care of my children's shares as well, etc.
    Anonymous

• Well we pay about 200k in taxes every year so you do the math. We are going to pay even more soon thanks to our Loser in Chief and the dipshits in Congress. To those who voted these jokers in you owe me the extra money I will have to pay out. Also you are responsible for the jobs we might have to cut. We pay in more than our fair share then are called greedy and selfish. I think people wanting what we have earned while they sit on their ass is the definition of selfish.
    Anonymous

• anon people wanting what you have earned is selfish period...wheather they sit on their arses or not...you earned it its yours not anyone elses for the taking (stealing) thats all there is to it...

This debt will take 100 years or more to pay off and it wont ever happen at the rate this presiden and admin are taking us they just keep piling it on and piling it on meanwhile their arses pay NOTHING toward it but expect all of us to...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Anon it is EVERY Americans share. man, woman, child.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I will have to Will my debt to my kids. Cause I will not be able to pay that off before I die.

Answer by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• The fact that "some' people feel entitled to other peoples earnings is a horrible~ but a growing trend. Especially with the way Dems in control are ruining this nation. The fact that some will never strive to be better and seek independence and opportunity because they feel perfectly content to receive and be entitled is pathetic. To think that I will raise my children to be independent strong minded thinkers and seek opportunity and goals that do not involve relying on others to provide for them~  Only to have my children pay for those who feel they are entitled to be handed "general welfare" is Disgusting..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I can write them a check....they might not want to cash it for about 100 years! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• We keep our income low enough so we don't pay taxes. So, I guess when we can't claim defendants then we will worl on that. No we aren't on welfare and insurance is part of the military benefits!
    Anonymous