"men are visual creatures"

Many woman say one reason men watch porn is because they are visual creatures, but when someone says that a wife should take care of herself (not let herself go) they get bashed all to hell.

Technically isn't that the same thing?

gulfcoastmom4

Asked by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, it is the same thing, imo. Not suggesting that women should try to look like porn stars (some of us will never get there!) but to look our best, not like slobs in pj's all the time, is fair.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I disagree with your theory. I'm one who believes that men are visual creatures but with the wife, it's not about how she looks. It's about how she treats her dh. If someone bashes another about letting herself go then they need to mind their own business. We don't know why things happen. I gained 80 lbs years ago due to 14 surgeries and the meds associated with it. I didn't let myself go which is my point. If men are single and looking then they may look at the woman's appearance but once he falls in love with her it's beyond a visual thing. I'm sure they do want us to remain healthy. Just a note, I know men who are married to skinny women but watch porn of women who are overweight. Imagine that!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I never said it was my theory. I was just curious thats all.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Women should "not let themselves go" for them, not husbands. There has been far too much of the excuse that "men are visual creatures" and that is why they watch porn, why they cheat, why they look around. It's not okay to say to a woman that if she looked better her husband would not watch porn so anyone who says that deserves to get bashed. Why isn't this ever turned around? No men are ever told to shape up, lose the gut and take care of themselves so their wives don't stray.
    Anonymous

• I agree. But then again I believe women shouldn't falsely advertise themselves.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 4:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I think the whole men are visual creatures so it makes it ok to watch porn is stupid. I think women should take care of themselves for themselves.
    Oh, and I'm not saying men aren't visual, just that I don't think that, that makes it ok to watch porn.
    Anonymous

• visual creatures means that men are sexually stimulated by visual images. not that they have to watch porn because of it. woman are aroused by touch, that doesn't mean that they should seek out that stimulation. men can be visually stimulated by their wife. it is a choice to seek that stimulation else where.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 5:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I don't think it would matter if the women were big, small, short, tall, white, black or yellow... It's not all that often the camera is aimed at her face or upper or even lower part of the body anyways.... most of them I've seen are directed right at the point of entry!
    I think if a woman is big and she's got a lot of confidence and happiness with herself she is beautiful just the same as some skinny woman that has her head down or sad looking all the time wouldn't be very pretty.
    It's the inside shining thru any body that makes them pretty or not.
    To me, taking care of yourself is literal... making sure you're healthy, clean, and happy with who you are regardless of the body you happen to live in.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• The "men are visual" is a load of crap that is fed to women by a male-dominated soceity. Both men and women are visual creatures and not one more than the other. If women weren't visual, we wouldn't cry at sad movies and fear at scary movies. I really wish women would get a clue and start questioning the big line of bullshit we've been fed for years.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I agree legalmommy101, its like its an excuse now a days to do what ever they want to do...I had to look honey i am a visual creature.... whatever lol
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 4:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2009