Do you think it's sneaky that they are trying to pass the healthcare bill by today?

Because no one will pay attention due to the holidays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's already done. I think it happened this morning at 7 am, didn't it? They still have to find a way to mesh the two bills together and have enough votes to pass this monstrosity. I am holding out hope that it will never come to fruition. This is not reform in the least. They touted this as such an emergency, yet they don't plan on giving anyone benefits from it until 2014. Yeah, real emergency.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Politicians know they can prosper in their lobbyist filled spending agendas when they think their voters are pre occupied. What better diversion than Christmas... Those who agree with these cheap tactics are just as pathetic as the politicians. Is this how you want America to be Changed? Accountable? nope. Responsible? nope..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• This is right up there with the "Friday Afternoon Dump," which was made famous by that other "pillar" of Democratic audacity.....Bill Clinton! Obama now has his own branded version we can call it the "Midnight and Holiday Dump!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Oh, and I don't know how sneaky it was, but it was a desperate move on behalf of Reid. He knows that the Democrat senators will go back home for the holidays and hear a load of what their constituency thinks about this sham of a bill. He didn't want to risk the fear setting in, preventing passage.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yes very sneaky and there are going to be a lot of people who are pissed off about this.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• How in the heck is it sneaky when they have been saying for weeks that the goal was to pass it by on on Xmas eve? Sneaky would be to do it without saying anything.
    Anonymous

• They might as well of done it without saying anything anon as the majority of the country doesnt want it begin with
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Sneaky? They've been trying to pass it for months. Like someone said earlier, they still have to compromise the two bills between the house (which DIDN'T pass "sneakily" on the Holidays) and the senate, which will be done over the next couple of months...Sneaky? Its been all over the news that they've been working on it...I suppose it's "sneaky" to those ignorant of current events.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 9:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I don't think its sneaky - we all obviously know they are trying to do it. I do think it is incredibly STUPID though. They say it's "their gift to America" please......ridiculous

Anonymous

• I don't like the bill, but the word sneaky to me means that they're trying to do it "under the radar". Since it's been in the news since early this week that they were wanting to pass the bill by Christmas Eve, no I don't think it's sneaky at all.

But I still don't like it.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2009