How to find a Ning network

I can not find a search function for Ning. I will not be abandoning CafeMom, but would like to know what else is going on online. How do I find a Ning network, and then the groups?

DogsMom

Asked by DogsMom at 4:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have the same problem- there is no search function on ning, unless you want to search within a network to which you already belong. It looks like ning recently changed everything. I used to be able to search networks by key words and also could see the networks to which other members belonged- that's how I used to discover interesting networks. Can't do that anymore. I'm stumped. Hope someone can help!
    questionboy

Answer by questionboy at 6:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Did you try to Google it?

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• You can go to Ning.com, and then type in the type of group you're looking for.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I tried Ning.com and they do not have a comprehensive search function. I tried going by categories off "The List" but that is inefficient. I have even even tried searching for networks I know exist (Dreamers into Doers) and came up empty.
    Am I doing something wrong? It should not be this difficult? From Google search engine I looked for Ning Directory.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 5:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Combining the suggestions above I did a Google search for (example) "arts and crafts ning network." That gave me a start, but is still not what I would call a proper search. I would have no idea of all the category names. Can a network be classified in more than one category?
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 8:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2009