What are ways to help alieviate the pain from Fibromyalgia?

I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia, 18 points out of 18 points and would like to know other ways to help alieviate the pain. I have prescription pills and I have been seeing a chiropractor as well...

AnasMommy7

Asked by AnasMommy7 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Health

• Personally I'd exchange the chiropractor for Physical Therapy. The Chiropractor will temp make things feel better for you but PT will show you how to make things feel better on your own. I did that with trigger points and will never go back to my Chiropractor again. I do go to a massage therapist periodically though. That has helped.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Instead of all those heavy drugs, go to your health store and ask for Curamin. This is an all natural pill that uses Tumeric and another herb. It takes away inflammation which is the cause of all pain. I have suffered with 24/7 migraines for 30 yrs that have now left me with frozen muscles and arthritis in my neck, back and shoulders. The pain was horrible. I was told the only thing I could do was go on heavy duty drugs. I refused to do that and went to the health store. They handed me the Curamin. Since then I am headache free, my muscles now move and I can live again. There are no side effects and no addictions. You can google it and get more info on it. Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, you are only out the cost of a bottle of it. But if it does, it will give you a life back again. I know other people that suffer like you that tried it and it worked for them. Good luck mama.
    MUDDERING

Answer by MUDDERING at 1:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I personally do not have Fibromyalgia, but my mother and aunt do. I suggest you try and find a massage therapist that specializes in fibromyalgia. Another suggestion is a product from Reliv. It has been proven to help those with Fibromylagia, one good thing is it is all natural, no side effects There website is reliv.com

I hope you find something to help you.

Happy New Year!
    vgriffinmama

Answer by vgriffinmama at 4:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I refuse RX's. I take ibuprofin on bad days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2009