Lacking Christmas cheer...

Is anyone else trying really hard to be happy and enjoy Christmas only to have someone else be in such a foul mood that it's basically ruining it for you?
I sure am.
Christmas is my favorite holiday and now I have two kids to spend it with and of whom is just about 3 so he's really starting to understand and be excited. Then there's my husband who is stressed out and bitching about everything. He's getting mad at me for every single thing I say or do and just said he feels "trapped" in our home.
Merry effing Christmas to you too.

It frustrates me because no matter how hard I try to have it be fun and happy for the kids(and myself) he seems determined to be unhappy and bitch everyone else out until they're unhappy too.

He's stressed out because he hasn't bought any Christmas presents yet...which is clearly our fault?

All I want for Christmas is for him to seek counseling or therapy.

Just needed to vent that out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• hugsSorry about what his bad behavior is doing to you but this is why I'm so happy being divorced! lol  My life is so much less stressful. My x ruined xmas for us every year. I am not telling you to leave. I'm just saying I understand. My option now that my kids are grown are being alone on xmas but that's not so bad since there isn't stress, aggravation and disappointment. I hope things get better for your sake and your child's sake. Sometimes it's not about gifts but about quality time together. Maybe dad will figure that out and you can have a happy holiday.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Awww momma :( If I were you (and I'm clearly NOT..so this is just what I would do...) I would say to him "If you are going to insist on being bitchy, please find somewhere to do it other than here. I WILL NOT allow you to ruin Christmas for me and the kids. You are being selfish and nasty and I don't want to be a witness to it any longer. Either stop or go away."

Then just ignore him. Tune it out as best you can. Don't allow him to rain his nasty vibes all over your Christmas cheer! I know, easier said than done but geez....he needs to get the hell over himself.

Good luck momma....Merry Christmas!
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 5:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• OP- He doesn't even try to tone it down in front of our kids either. He just stood and yelled at me while our son is trying to nap and then slammed the door on his way out.

I don't know what to do anymore.
    I've tried talking to him calmly and rationally but he refuses to listen to anything I say. He twists my words and mocks me to my face and then yells "This isn't about you and your 'feelings'..." to me every time I get upset at how he's speaking to me or if something he said has upset me.
    If he doesn't think I should be upset about something then I'm not allowed to be upset.

If he does or says something that hurts my feelings he isn't sorry that he's hurt them but angry at me for having feelings in the first place.

I just don't know what to do.
    This Christmas(much like the last one) has basically been ruined for me now.
    Anonymous

• I would take my kids and leave. I would tell him while your on your way out that if he insists on being an asshole to you then you will not stay to take it. He can be moody at home all by himself.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• This guy sounds like more than a Grinch. He sounds like an over-all crappy husband.

Don't let him treat you like that. Be more assertive!

If he's being an asshole - don't take it. TELL him you won;t take it, and just go visit your mom with your kids for the holidays - that'll teach him a valuable lesson. Being an asshole gets you nowhere.

Good luck.
    Anonymous