my son got his eye on a hook on my camera umbrellas.....

He's usually very aware of my umbrellas when I set them up to take his photos or in general but today he was just too excited and got his eye on one of the little metal hooks on the edges. They're blunt but still pointy enough to do damage. I looked at his eye and there is a mark on his eyeball but when he moves his eye around it stays in the same spot. I dont know how eyes work, did he damage his eye or....? Obviously yes take him to the doctor asap but I was curious if anyone could ease my mind a lil. (he's 23 months)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might have scratched it!? My 9yr old daughter snagged her eye on a nail that was nailed in the wall that I guess the pevious renters used for coat hooks(there was a row of 8 r more and 4i out). Before I had the chance to knock the nails to the side, I ha my niece over, and that night(same night my dn was over, and we'd been there less than a week) I went outside to smoke a cigerette and my dd came downstairs with blood coming the side of her face from her eye. I got paniky!!! I cleaned her eye so I could see the extent of the damage. Well I had to call 911, get my sis to get the kids and went to the hospital. They gave her a tetnus shot, stitched her eye w/o any numbing meds, an she missed her eyeball ball by .5mm!!! I felt awful and took the nails out the next day. She went to get my niece from the hallway because she was afraid she'd get hurt, but didn't pay attention when she got her and ended up being the one who got it
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• She said sh'e rather had been her than her dc!!!! She said she couldn't imagine my niece going through that and gladly accepted the pain on her behalf! Now I was upfront about being outside smoking a cigerette when this occured! It will be ok but get him checked out and just work with the docs!!! I am sooo sorry your ds went through this!!! GL and God bless.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• yikes! no it isnt that bad, but it is ON his actual eyeball and not his eyelid or there close to...thats why im worried. Thanks for sharing.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2009