Is it possible that im in labor?

im 40 weeks on saturday... Im having horrible cramping in my lower back. I dont feel anything up front at all! on tuesday I had a doctors appt and while she was checking my dilation she felt me having contractions and I didnt feel a damn thing. How come I dont feel them? im worried im in labor and not knowing it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your labor & delivery dept of your hospital and ask them

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• well...when it comes down to actually HAVING the baby you will feel it. But if you put your feet up and have relaxed for more then a few hours and it is still persisting I would make a call to the doctor just to ease your mind. GL mama
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• oooooooooh you'll know!!!! does the pain feel like contractions? it feels like a come and go pressure. BH can be reduced whereas real labor they are constant. I had back labor, and the pain was all in the back. every contracton felt like I had to go #2 at first, since all the pressure was there. it was terrible terrible pain! they lasted about 70 seconds and came back every 2-3 minutes nonstop.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• when I was in labor with my DD I didnt feel my contractions til I was almost 7 cm.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• If you think you may be in labor, you need to keep track of your contractions- length, timing, etc. That would be the best way to tell, short of going to the hospital for monitoring.
    www.contractionmaster.com You can even print it out :)
    Good luck, mama! What a wonderful Christmas present!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• When I had my 1st, I didn't get to the hospital until I was 8 cm because I had no idea I was in labor! By the time I called, and then my stupid ex took a shower, shaved, etc while I was yelling at him that we needed to go - yeah, it was painful at that point.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I think you could be read up on back labor.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 8:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I had all back labor with my son. It was after they "broke my water" that I felt like my overies were in a vice. But ya, call your doc or L&D
    Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2009