judgment call what would of you done?

its snowing and high winds where im at 30 to 40 mhr winds with up to 50 wind gust from the north, we have a large patio door on the west side of the house and how our house sits its angled towards the NW and we have no trees or anything to block the wind. the dining room floor was like waling on ice it was so cold. so i took the old queen size comfort and put it over the door with nails, well here is my problem, we got a new king size bed so had to get new bedding and my mother in law wanted the queen stuff, she was suppose to get it 2 months ago, after the first 2 weeks of her not showing up i stuck in the garage and been there since. i know if she finds out i hung it up over the door she will have a fit. what would of you done? i had nothing else to put over the door

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd probably have done the same thing. Frankly, folks who get stuff for free need to be swift in their removal of said free stuff, or never complain about the condition it ends up being handed over in.

If a comforter had spent the last 2 months in my garage, cleaning it wouldn't have got the mold out of it. You want my stuff for free, better get it out of my way or I may very well think of something else to do with it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• your family being warm is more important IMO. Besides, if she REALLY wanted it, she'd have come gotten it already. I'm sure she'll still be able to use it, just wash it and sew any holes!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• it's yours to begin with no? Then no worries, she'll get over it.
    Anonymous

• A lady who is a friend of mine, who also watches my son occasionally does that. Her door blows cold air in so she nails a sheet or a blanket over her door.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• If she ever asks about it, say that you waited for her to pick it up. When she didn't, you found another use for it. Sounds like you found a good use for it, at that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• She did not come and get it. as long as it is still at your house, it is still yours. Do what you want with it. And do not tell her what you used it for if she ever comes and gets it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Her loss. You're using it for something useful. She was letting it sit in your garage. NUff said!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• She had her chance. She'll get over it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Id have put it over the door to keep my home and family warm.

She doesnt like it tough cookies. She had a chance and she blew it...her prob not yours.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• what? 2 months ago??? she must not really care too much about it. i'd given her about a week to come and get it but man...2months??? wow. i wouldnt even give it to her anymore. i would of gave it to goodwill or something by then, i wouldnt worry about it, say the mice got to it...i mean 2 months in the garage, mice CAN get to it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2009