Do you allow your daughters go to school with nail polish on?

I mean gradeschool.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in

• nailpolish and everything else as IMO its a form of individuality at this age. Once they hit highschool or junior high you then have to question their judgment and reasons for things...but even then you should be able to parent well enough so that everything is done and worn tactfully and respectfully. I would allow my gradeschooler to wear nailpolish if she was just being a girl and wanted to express herself. There are many worse ways and things they can be doing at any age to express themselves.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I would
    Anonymous

• I just barely started letting her wear nail polish this year. She is in 4th grade. She doesn't like it all that much, but if she wants to wear it to school, I will let her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• my DD is only two and I let her wear nail polish, she's been having her nails and toe nails painted since she was about 9 months old. I will let her go to school with it, I also let her wear her disney princess lip gloss if she wants to (she usually only licks it off though lol) I dont think things like that are a big deal, however she wont be aloud to wear eye makeup or anything like that til junior high and then it will have to be VERY light colors. Nail polish really isn't noticed by other people so why say no?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• When they where that age. No. I did not think they where old enough.

Answer by louise2 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I let her go to school with nail polish on, but no bright colors. I let her wear pink, whitish etc. No red, black, purple etc for school.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 7:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yeah, why not? They "decorate" their selves for the Holidays. I've gotten red for xmas, green for St. Patrick's Day, black for Halloween, etc ...the rest of the time they usually don't wear it. Usually it's my oldest who does and she likes the lighter colors.

Anonymous

• ??? nail polish is bad?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• my 3 year old has been wearing it since she was around 6 months
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• yes - my dd is in 3rd grade and we paint our nails together. She loves it!

Answer by missanc at 8:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2009