During this last month of my pregnancy people have been giving me "tips" of their own on how to go into labor.. LOL what is the silliest ones youve gotten?

My Neighbor said "You must eat lasagna and go for a walk.. Its worked for all four of my kids!" lol

My Mothers co-worker says "drink lots of tea and have lots of sex"

haha some random lady at the store told me to plant a garden.

lol I dont ask for these suggestions people just offer them. like... "oh you're nine months! well if you want that baby out faster you should..."

Do you have any funny suggestions from people?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 7:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh! the funniest and scariest one ive gotten had to be galloping on the sidewalk... Like running with one foot on the sidewalk and one foot off so I was going up and down.. lol?
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I was advised with both of my kids to go for a drive on the bumpiest road I could find. That's not too big of a stretch where I live! lol I drove on the road like usual, but it didn't work. All you can do short of being induced, is just wait. Good luck!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• The sad thing is no matter how crazy it sounded I tried it. But, nothing worked for me, I ended up having to be induced a week late. I kind of got something like firethearson got; drive real fast over speedbumps. My OBGYN even told me to go eat spicy soup. I heard about the spicy food thing, but he said it had to be soup. I even tried what some women told me, nipple stimulation and after having sex lay there for awhile with his cum still in you so it will thin out your uterine wall or whatever. Now I laugh about myself for trying so many crazy things, but shoot I was huge and ready for that baby to come!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I was told to drink caster oil and that there was a pressure point on the foot that would make you go into labor. I didn't do either one, but they say it works. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• OMG someone told me to drink a beer. LOL
    but one night I was just so tired of being pregnant (and I was far enough along that it was safe to go into labor) so my sister and I googled "natural ways to induce labor" and tried a few things. Like certain massages. This was around 9PM...about 12 I started having contractions and I had my daughter the next day!
    vandjmom

Answer by vandjmom at 9:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I tried EVERYTHING, including drinking red raspberry leaf tea and castor oil (ick!), but NONE of my babies came out until the doctor had to induce me.
    My first one was 3 weeks late, my second was almost 2 weeks late, and my third had to be taken out 4 days early.
    It will happen when it happens or the doctor will make it happen...lol. Don't waste your time on silly nonsense and old wives tales.....especially the gross ones.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009