Do your kids believe??

IN SANTA When did they stop??? Why did they stop did they hear stuff at school???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a 22 year old daughter, so obviously, she no longer believes, but I also have an 11 year old son and he does. I don't see the harm in letting him continue to believe for a long as he wants, because in my opinion, Santa is the persona of peace, love, and generosity. A child needs something positive to believe in these days!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My son was about 11 when he stopped believing in Santa. I wrote a journal on what made him believe for so long. :)
    I agree with Robsmommy as to Santa stands for good, and children need something good to believe in.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• NO! My kids have been told that Santa is NOT real. He's just like Sponge Bob and Blue... Just a TV character people made up.

They are 2 and 3...

We do not believe in lying to our children. We don't teach them about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy or any other fictional beings. They see them on TV or hear the stories, but they know they are not real - We make sure of it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• DH & I were sure we didn't want our kids to believe in Santa. When our oldest was 3 years old, he opened all his Christmas presents on Christmas morning, and then broke down crying because he didn't get any presents from Santa. He had learned about him from daycare. We promised next year he'd get presents. Now all the kids get presents from Santa every year, but the gifts are labeled "St Nicholas" and the same Christmas wrapping paper the kids see in the closet is the same paper used to decorate the gifts. This year we've been telling our oldest, now 9, that Saint Nicholas is really a Bishop and living in heaven w/ God now, and telling him about his connection w/ children (saving 2 boys from drowning, etc).
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Every parent has every right to let their children believe or not believe in Santa. To me it is not about LYING to my child but the magic that Santa brings to his life. This world is so full of bad things that something good is woth me having told my son that Santa was real.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• We felt bad about lying to our 4 year-old son about it, but he got really excited about it this year from going to school with other kids and they were talking about it. Soooo needless to say my hubby and I grew up believing and we are letting our kids believe. He gets so excited about it and we can also tell him that he better be good so he will get presents. He was so ready to go to bed tonight and put out the milk and cookies. It's fun to see the Christmas spirit and excitement from him.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I want my son to believe. He needs something in his life that he'll look foward too. I never felt like my parents were "lying" to us by having us believe in Santa.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Wait! Santa's not real?!?!
    He is too!! Look, we're tracking him now!!!!
    http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• http://www.noradsanta.org/en/faq.html#f3
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2009