do you ovulate while on the minera iud?

I was wondering if anyone knows if you ovulate on the iud? I have been having heavy discharge lately like when i ovulate without the iud.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Health

• I don't believe you are supposed to. From my understanding the hormones trick the body into thinking its pregnant which is why you don't ovulate nor would you have a period. If you were ovulating, that would leave you open to getting fertilized and we all know the end to that story. If your IUD is non-hormonal, then maybe, but the hormones prevent you from ovulating that is my understanding anyway.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I dont know if I am actually ovulating or not but every month around the same time I get sharp pains in my ovaries, PMS and increased discharge but I never get a period? I dont know what it is because the PP made total sense...
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• DISCHARGE with the mirena I had to wear a liner at all times you have heavy discharge when you have that horrible thing. I just got my removed i had so many problems with mine that I just decided to get my tubes tied. That mirena is not a good thing at all if you really want to know all about this IUD you have google mirena side effects. They need to be taken off the mark there not good at all.

Anonymous