Have you or anyone you know of had a baby with torticollis? How did it turn out? How long did it take to remedy?

I'm pretty sure my baby has it, but haven't gotten it diagnosed yet.

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 11:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know personally of a few moms who have children with it, on cafemom. Have you searched it, for groups or anything? Try it.
    Anonymous

• My youngest daughter had torticollis when she was little. She did 6 months of Physical Therapy. The people who worked with her taught me some great exercise to use with her daily. She is not almost 3 years old and you can't tell that she ever had a problem with her neck. GL
    ksmootchies

Answer by ksmootchies at 11:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I had it in sixth grade. It went away after a week or so. I didn't do anything for it and my Dad is a doctor. Hopefully now they suggest pt, like the above person mentioned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• My son had it, we took him to a physical therapist who taught us how to stretch the muscles, it took a while for it to completely go away, it caused one side of his head to become flat but that also went away on its own after he could properly move his head (we didnt do the helmet).
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:47 AM on Dec. 26, 2009