4 month old (almost 5 months) maturing super quick...

No I am not bragging. Im just wondering whats going on here...My 1st son never did ANY of the things my lil one is doing at the same age. In fact, it took him a while. I'm thinking its because he sees his brother running around and hes wanting to get in on the action. But I wanted to know, anyone else have this happen with kids close in age? Did yall ever feel like maybe you dont get to baby the lil one enough bc of how quickly they matured?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my little girl is now 18 months and her brother was 16 when she was born and just recently moved out to his moms, anyway she started walking at 7 months and was sitting unsuported at 3 and half months. her brother was never around and it was just me hubby and her,so i dont know why she learned so quick.we also didnt have a bouncer or swing or walker,so that might have helped,i also sat on the florr all the time with her
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• My boys aren't exactly close in age (just over 3 years apart)... but the baby definitely has done things sooner than his brother.... even being born, he was a 35 week preemie! :)

I think it's part temperment and part watching the older sibling. Mix a go-getter with an ideal model and you get a fast learner!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2009