Weight Gain during pregnancy!

HI, I am 28 weeks along and am having a hard time knowing if I am gaining to much weight. I eat pretty healthy, snacks are usually veggies or fruit and I have stayed away from the sweets pretty much all together except for a few the last couple weeks. I am 6 foot tall and pre pregnancy weight was 163. Now at 28 weeks I'm right around 190. My Dr said she likes to see no more then 30# gained but hell I'm almost there and have 12 weeks left. What do I do??? How much did everyone else gain? I'm pretty worried about gaining way to much.

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 12:42 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gained 52 lbs with my first and 68 lbs with my 2nd. I'm 5'8". My doctor's didn't say anything about my weight gain. My baby is only 4 weeks old, so obviously I haven't lost all the weight from this last pregnancy, but I will be hitting the gym in a couple more weeks. My babies were perfectly healthy at 7 lbs 11 oz and 8 lbs 5 oz. As far as what you should do, continue to eat healthy food, exercise as tolerated, and enjoy your pregnancy.
    lvnmysldr

Answer by lvnmysldr at 2:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I gained 24 pounds (5'2"; I was 35 and worked out every day). Honestly, your appetite will start decreasing now. Focus on foods that are filling and nutritious, like legumes, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Be sure to drink lots of water, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I gained a TON of weight with my first..lol it was something like 80 lbs and I am 5'10'' .. I have only lost half of that and now i am preg with number 2!! ooohhh so scarry but this is the last and it is ALL comming off when this one is done!!!! lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I'm in the same boat, 5'8", 165 pre-preg. and currently 188 at 27 wks. It's really hard to keep the weight off.

The thing that makes me more confused is that I'm eating very healthy, except after my doctor told me at 21 wks that 12lbs was too much gain and that I should watch what I eat-- well I fell off the horse pretty bad. (as you can tell if you put all the figures together.) I just know that my body is going to gain what it wants to gain.

Sure.. the dad is 6'6" and so I'm going to have a long or large child but I'm not going to sit here and blame an unborn child for my eating habits. I plan on investing in some DVD work outs, and then one the baby is off of the whole "eat every 4 minutes from my boob" routine, I'm going to hit up the clubhouse and use the machinery there to work out. Don't let it get you down!
    MommyG721

Answer by MommyG721 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I'm 6 foot also and I say, you know your body the Dr don't have that kind of knowledge to know what your body is telling you. I say don't worry about the weight gain, you can always loose it after the baby comes. Enjoy the pregnancy and dont worry if you have a piece of pie or fudge at Christmas dinner...I had 3 pieces lol...Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! Now knowing that others are in the same spot as me makes me feel better. I have lots of plans for loosing the weight after baby and am thankfull that going into summer I will be able to work out alot outside and go for walks with baby. I totally said screw it tonight and let myself enjoy a nice dinner and SNACKS. Now tomorrow is back to the strict eating healthy again. Thanks again for your answers.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2009