Do you think me being a loner can change my daughter????

I find myself not wanting to be bothered with anyone. I don't have alot of friends,. Most of the time I like being alone. I dont know if its a good thing for my daughter because shes more like "lets go somewhere", "lets go over someones house".... I find her not liking to be in the house as much as I do, at some point she may turn into a loner herself because she sees mommy being very secluded. I try to take her to alot of the events at school such as skating parties, book fairs, etc. So that she can feel less secluded. I hope Im not changing my daughter in any way. I want her to be more social.....

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It just might be the opposite. My mom is the same way. I couldn't have any friends over. If I did, she'd hide and never wanted to say hi. She never knew any of my friends or guys I was dating. She barely even speaks to my DF! My mother NEVER went to any of my school events (I really resented her for that, it doesn't go away) and still, now that I'm in my 30's, she won't go to lunch with me or anything. She rarely leaves the house without my stepdad. She lives next door to me and has even decided to go to her mother's this Christmas BEFORE coming over here to watch her own grandchildren open presents and see their faces. It's nuts! Understandable, but I couldn't live like that. I'm completely the opposite. I attend everything my child does, and I love having company and being with people. It may or may not affect her. At least you're making an effort. KWIM?
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:52 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Honey, you are depressed. Please ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• LOL Im not depressed rkoloms..... Why do you say that?? Thanks for the luck by the way...... I guess????
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Oh and Thamce my mother was just the same I make sure I attend all of my daughters events at school, her gymnastics events anything thats pertaining to her Im there even her friends birthday parties I never leave her there I just sit around and TRY my best to mingle, you know...... we do alot of things together. If I cant make it too some of the events which is not likely her dad or her grandmother goes. I try to be more social with some friends and family but most of the time I'd much rather be alone..... I dont feel like Im depressed or anything like rkoloms said.
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 25, 2009