Do you use Skype? Is it a good or bad service?

If you don't know what it is go to www.skype.com
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with this!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's awesome.. but the connection usually depends on each persons internet capabilities. As long as you go through the whole set up and do it properly, it should work just fine.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 2:09 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• i would like to know, im really snoopy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• ~but the connection usually depends on each persons internet capabilities~

so your saying there's more to it then chatting online?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• ive heard of skype but i dont know what its used for, i kinda would like to know if its like yahoo messenger or what+
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I just downloaded it the other day. My DH is going to Iraq on Jan 2 so we needed some way to communicate cheap. Turns out, Skype is available on his iPod touch! As long as there is a wifi connection, he can call me! Now all I have to do is get a webcam and headset. He's going to be gone a year, so this will make it so much better for me and our boys.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I use Skype to talk to my husband overseas. I love it! Sometimes his service is bad, and it drops frequently, but he is in the middle of Iraq. I love the fact that we can use our webcams to see each other and he can watch our baby grow. I also use it to talk to my sister in Germany. Her service is better.
    lvnmysldr

Answer by lvnmysldr at 2:49 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I LOVE IT! I upgraded and have my own phone number and can call anywhere with video or instant message or 3 way. It's great. SO much easier then holding a phone in my ear. I haven't had any problems with connection and I've had it for about 1 year.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:51 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I use skype to talk to my husband while he's in port, it's really comforting to be able to see his face. Because even though he gets all the pictures in the world from me the pea brain man lost his camera the first port they went to. Some places that don't get very good internet service (like the middle east) we can't use it though because it won't connect and even if it does all you see is a frozen video frame and the voice keeps cutting out. But yeah, I really like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Remember the Jetsons? When they'd communicate on those TVs and talk to each other? We love Skype! My DF's mom lives in NY and we live in CA. It's nice because his mom can see our kids running around while we talk and our connection is awesome. We've never had any problems and we wish we could find more people in our circle who want to use it! We just had a baby and she got to see her when we came home from the hospital. :)
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2009