Has anyone ever been homeless and lived in the streets?

I did for two years and will never forget that experience. Surprisingly, I got more help from street people and those in the shelters than I ever have from family or friends. Only the church runs a close second.

Ewadun

Asked by Ewadun at 2:07 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• When I was 16 my family was evicted so we were all homeless. We all split up and stayed with friends until we could find an apartment. It was really embarrassing. People are nice at first but after you've been in their home for a few days they're like alright I think you should go now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I have a few times..
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 2:33 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• On more than one occasion, yes. I didn't find any help from anyone, until I got my family. Being homeless is no joke, and I feel terrible for anyone in that situation.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:44 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I kinda sorta was once. I stayed with family and didn't ever not have a place to go, so it was far from living in the streets homeless. It still sucks not to have your own home!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• when i was younger yes, i was really young and just stayed up all night because i was scared, finally my friends mom noticed i always was there and would leave really late so she asked what was wrong and i told her i had been sleeping at the bus transit.... i then lived there
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:46 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Yes, only for a few days though. And I had my twin babies with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• yes I have more than once! It was awful!
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Nope.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2009