im scared

im scared for my daughter shes 16 years old and every time she walkes out the door i feel like crying most the time she leaves the house and i cant help worry about who she will run into or if she will ever come back i herd her on the phone this morning talking to one of her friends about being scared that the mexican mafia is in town my daughter dose alot of drugs and she hangs out with people that are as dumb as rocks and i just worry that one of these days shes gunna go out for a joy ride stoned and just not come home but she just dosnt understand that iworry she dosnt know what i worry for in her mind shes unbreakable i dont know how to get it through her head that shes not unbreakable and unhurtable... help me from one mother to the next

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• She's 16. you're her parent, and you need to quit letting her go out! If she's doing drugs and hanging out with the wrong crowds, stop it! If she still rebels, then I think you just need to call up the Juvenile detention center and have her stay there for a little while before she gets too out of control. she's already out of control if she can walk out the door and do these things without being stopped. You're going to have to get harsh, which you may not like, but it's worth it if you think about it. Better than your child growing up to be a drug addict, or not growing up at all because she's dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Im agreeing with the previous poster. Shes 16! What joy ride? The car? that u bought? and the gas money, that you provide? Drugs arent cheap, where is she getting the money? Step up and be a parent. If you cant handle it, call the law. They will gladly take her in and straighten her up.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:55 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I'm agreeing with all of the above. My daughter is a teenager and knows that I worry about her. I bought her a taser (legal in my state) and she knows that if she does drugs, hops in any one's car, or has sex, I'm gonna kick her butt! I make it my business to provide appropriate entertainment, spend time at her school, get to know her friends and their parents, and monitor her computer/phone time.

Just curious about the dumb as rocks comment. Were you typing so fast that you forgot how to spell or how to use spell check?

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:31 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• JDC Would be the best thing for her at the moment
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 3:42 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• um, she's 16 and you're the parent. put her ass in rehab. she doesn't have a decision until she's 18 so act fast and try to fix this problem before she's dead.

believe me i know that world and it's scary- she'll be mad when you put her in rehab but if you don't she's not going to get better she's going to die.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:48 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Ewadun quit being rude she has a genuine problem and you are griping about her spelling?? OP I feel for you but you have to take back the control that is the only way to ensure her safety she might hate you for it but you need to do something quick before your fears come true.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• If you know that your child is using drugs, you have a responsibility to put a stop to it. Cut off her access to money, put her in a treatment program, whatever it takes. She is likely also engaging in risky sexual activity; you should probably get her tested for STDs and on birth control

When was the last time that you had a real conversation with her? Asked her what her plans are for after high school, five years, ten years? What steps does she plan to take to acheive her goals? How does education fit in? You may want to look into http://www.americorps.gov/ or another form of national service

Good luck to all of you

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• She's @ that wonderful age where anything you say to her goes in one ear & out the other. Call your police dept & see if she can do a ride along w/ the drug unit or the homicide unit, ask about scared straight programs, call the jail & see if they have programs set up for teens. Call a rehab & ask them if some of the former addicts will talk to her. The history channel has a great program called Gangland that had an episiode about the Mexican Mafia, find it online for free & make her watch it. You should also be concerned that they'll take her as a sex slave, pretty common for these folks. You should be worried, if there's another adult she trusts & listens too get them involved. hell chain her to the basement if you have to. Rehab's an option but that'll only delay things, she has to want to get clean for the program to work. Good luck mamma!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• You are enabling her to carry on this way, you got to put your foot down or your worse fears will come true. Think of it as authority to the highest rank, you are the parent!!!!impose your authority!

Answer by older at 11:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• So, why are you letting her go anywhere?????? She's 16. You are the parent. if you are so concerned about her then the only places she should be going are to school and places with you. PERIOD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2009