Normal for 31 wks?

Last night I had strong, painful, regular contractions for about 4 hours straight. They wouldn't let up when I changed activities or positions. Finally I was able to fall asleep and nothing more came of it. Today, the baby is really low so I assume all the contractions pushed her down (she's been dropping for about 2 weeks anyways but now she is super low) . Just a bit ago, I was sitting in bed and I felt a weird sensation. When I went to the bathroom there was a rather large chunk of mucousy substance. It might've been discharge but I was concerned it might be a chunk of mucous plug? TMI: it was a mix of clear bits and cloudy bits- kinda like marble-looking? 15 minutes later I felt a big gush of colostrum (I assume..) come from my breasts. I know all this is common in pregnancy, but is it a cause for concern since it is all happening so early?? I've had Braxton Hicks since last night's episode but nothing really painful, btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would put a call in to your doctor and get their opinion. Some people lose their mucus plug early but with all your other symptoms I don't think it would hurt to call.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I had something similar to that happen to me when i was 31 weeks pregnant with my daughter. I had bad cramps for a while and then they kinda went away, but my cousin still made me go to L&D and get checked out. Turns out i was having regular contractions every 3-4 minutes. They got them stopped though. I would suggest calling your doctor or even going and getting checked out. It is always better to be safe then sorry.
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 3:58 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• It is most likely you had a huge hormone surge, that will cause the combination of those things, don't worry your plug regenerates so it doesn't mean you will go into labor early. Just make sure to do kick counts, drink a lot of water and try to rest. You should be fine, but if you are really worried ask the doctor that is what they are there for.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2009