Diaper rash question!

My daughter is 19 months and she has a diaper rash right on the top of her privates. It is really rashy it looks more like tiny pimples. She is red anywhere else and I have been putting desitin on it for about a week now. It is slowly getting bigger. She doesn't seem bothered by it and it doesn't look horrible, just really strange. Any ideas????

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 3:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try hydrocortizone cream, that is what we use on stubborn rashes and it has never failed it usually works in the first day.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Let her go without her diaper for about 30 minutes or so every few hours. She needs to get air to the area that is affected. It could also be her diapers doing it to her.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• if it looks like its blistering you need to take her to her ped, mine had a BAD rash like this, dr gave me some antibacterial cream, works wonders!!!!! Give her plenty of naked time, when changing diapers put her in water to wash it off vs rubbing it w/ the wipe, sometimes the friction can make it worse. I hate desitin & don't think it works, I switched to California Baby diaper rash cream, all nat ingredients & since starting it my dd's had no diaper rash at all!!!! Also if you're buying really cheap crappy diapers this can contribute to the rash. I love 7th Generation diapers.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• try an athletes foot cream. could be a fungal rash. my kids always got this after taking antibiotics and the doc had me use that for it. cleared it up super fast.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• could be a yeast infection!! I told my dr. about my daughter having a rash that just wouldnt go away she took one look and said it ws yeast, gave me a RX and the next day it was WAY better.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 5:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• It may be a yeast infection, my daughter had a rash that would not go away. After I called the pediatrician he called in some prescription cream and it went away over night. Also, you may need to review how she may have gotten the rash/infection. I can't use any type of powders on her, and I have to watch the type of diapers & wipes I use. Some have fragrances in them. Good Luck!
    MLemoine

Answer by MLemoine at 11:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2009