Have you ever had surgery? I mean beyond a tubal ligation or C-section.

I've had 7 foot surgeries and it wasn't no walk in the park. I even had to have a surgery, shortly after my foot surgery, due to complications (a blood clot). It seems that once you've been operated on, you'll never be the same.

Ewadun

Asked by Ewadun at 3:55 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Health

• I have. I have what is basically a mass of blood vessels in my head that grow. It causes me health problems and at one point the Drs thought it was going to kill me. Luckily, it hasn't, and it's under control (and I don't have to have surgery on it all that often anymore - I can go yrs now between them.)

It's pretty risky stuff when they do operate on it though, because basically they have to go in and inject stuff into the vessels and kill them off, but if they inject the wrong one, they'll kill me or cause me all sorts of serious medical stuff. In the past 15 yrs, I have had surgery on it 6 times, and once before then, yrs previously. Plus, I've had a c-section (with complications).

It's stressful and painful when I have to go through this, but honestly, overall, having this has helped me appreciate the blessings in my life, and makes me thankful to be alive, so.. Just wish I had learned it in an easier way :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I have had a few my last one was April 15,2002 when I had my hysterectomy. I had female problems and had it done. The day I got home from the hospital I walked 10 miles, my son was raising money for St Judes Hospital and he was riding his bike 10 miles so I walked and took donations for 10 miles, it was a team effort. Being that I had 30 staples in my stomach I refused to not let my body heal quickly. I had a son to take care of and I refused to let things get me down.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I completely agree about you're never the same. I had knee surgery 9 yrs ago & its still numb. Oh god does it hurt when I bump it into things!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• tonsils and adnoids at 7, foot surgery when I was 19 , a cyst removed on my back at 30 and a D and C at 36.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I had a D&C and endrometrial ablation. LASIK. Wisdom teeth out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2009