What do you do when the man u have been with for ten yrs up and leave?

This man halped me raised my children and they are 19 and 22. I'm not working at the time and havn't been working for a year, but I was getting unemployment. My rent is really the lowest any rent can be really and he have started bitching about that. He has a good job. He been threatning to leave for sometime now, but last month told me and the children don't worry he's not going nowhere, he told my son just to stay in school and don't worry about the household. I've been so frustrated when its time to pay the bills which is only light and rent, he has been saying each time he's going to move. My blood pressure has gone up and I havn't been eating. I am so behind on the light bill I don't know when they gone disconnect, and he up and packed all his stuff which was mostly evrything in my house and left yesterday. Although I told him yeah go ahead and leave because he was killing me slowly. He actually left us here wit

blonddi3

Asked by blonddi3 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• you get off your butt and get a freaking job so you can take care of yours k! you should never rely on man to take care of you, that is where you mess up. The ones that can take care of themselves have the power to leave at any moment and they will use that against you. Not very smart on your part. Sorry this happened, but your a big girl! get up and show that man you don't need him and when he does come a knocking after he sees you can make it on your own, DO NOT TAKE HIM BACK! let the jerk rott!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• What do you do? You sit and grieve over the death of the relationship. You get angry, you cry, you go through denial....then you start planning for your future. People come to us for a "reason and a season" and his season is over. It's not a rejection of you, it was just time for him to move on. You can grow from this. I know it hurts. My x left around xmas with me with 3 of his children so been there done that but I made it. It took time but I made it. You can get help with your electric bill and possibly with your rent. You don't need his money. It was kind of him to give it but you can do this without him. The new year is coming and plan for the future opportunities that are waiting for you. It's a great time for new beginnings. Just think, there may be someone who wants you but didn't approach bc he thought you were with the jerk. Let new adventures begin. It's a good thing if you think about it that way!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I get an attorney sue for alimony and child support on 5 kids. And get along just fine.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• id cry plot his death and then move on! sux he did it so close to xmas.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 5:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• You get a job and move on. You knew he could leave no real incentive not married just dating and living together. The kids are not kids they are adults so they can take care of themselves. Time to grow up might be why he left.
    Anonymous

• I kinda agree with other posters. also, next time you see him Thank him for doing what needed to be done. you will overcome this as you have other things in your life. the older kids live at home and don't pay rent? your son can do both go to school and pay for some of his expenses.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• You knew he could leave no real incentive not married just dating and living together.
    -----------
    Marriage means NOTHING when one person doesn't take it seriously. Do you think her SO would have stayed because they were married? doubt it. My Dad left my mom 2 years ago and married a woman in another country whom they now share two children with. And guess what, my parents are still married.(divorce will be final next month) So, yeah, if you are not at least married "in your heart" than a piece of paper will not help you one bit.
    Anonymous

• Just wondering did he come back yet after the holiday stress?
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2009