Do you put tinsel on your tree? Throw it on in wads, or place it strand-by-strand?

Our first Christmas I spent about 3 hours putting it on strand by strand, realized I was cold from sitting on the floor so long, turned the heater on. The heater immediately blew the tinsel all over--BAD IDEA! Haven't use the stuff since, I go with garland! Easier on me, easier to clean up too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have never put garland on the tree- but my parents never did either. I have used tinsel
    my dad used to tie them strand by strand onto the tree
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:20 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Before I had cats and a baby, I loved tinsel. I would take a handful and run it up and down the tree so the would stick all over.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:41 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Don't do tinsel... dangerous for my kitties....
    Don't like the look of garland either... have done both...
    I use big red ribbons with their tails draped down the tree...
    Next yr I am thinking of using very large bows to accent the tree...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I don't put up trees anymore but when I did I was a wadder. I let the kids help and they threw wads up there as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I use tinsel strand by strand! It looks so pretty. Rather than throwing it on!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I have a fake tree so I use garland. When we had a real tree when I was still living at home with my mom, we did tinsel and we did it several strands at a time. It was so tedious...lol.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• It's too messy. I hate seeing tinsel all over the house. It would look good on our tree though, since our colors are blue and silver.
    Anonymous

• Nope. We did when I was a kid and I hated the stuff -- tinsel and garland. We don't use it now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I use a garland. Strands of tinsel can kill cats.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• We used tinsel when i was a kid but i havent liked it since i was probably 7 or 8. for a young kids, its pretty because its sparkly. But then it just starts to look like one big mess. We dont use tinsel or garland on our tree. Making popcorn garland or cranberry garland is good though!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2009