Just Got An Espresso Machine :) Need Your Help Though!!!

So..........How many Oz are in a grande coffee? It gives instructions for like a regular coffee cup size, but I want a big one.....And how much chocolate for chocolate powder for a mocha?? and syrup? I am new to this, and just really want to know how to start off on the right foot. And do you steam the millk for a mocha too? Mmmmm Grande Hazelnut Mocha. Help mamas!!! Please?

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 1:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• In the normal world outside Starbucks a Medium (grande) is 16oz, but if you're using oversized mugs, they could likely be bigger than that. All my oversized cappuccino mugs are 20oz. And there's really no right answer for how much of the add-ins to use. That's the best part of having your own machine - you can experiment and find the right amounts for you. Start with a shot of whatever you're adding (use a regular shot glass) and decide from there if it's too much or not enough. I usually do 4 espresso, 1 hazelnut, 1 caramel, and then just add a few oz of steamed milk, but I prefer it strong. I really recommend using chocolate syrup like PP instead of powder, the powder will get all clumpy in the foam unless you have it all mixed in before you add it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• For mocha, I just put in a big squirt or Midnight Moo (dark chocolate syrup from Trader Joes, also sold as Ahlaska); I don't like the milk steamed, it gets too watery; I just warm it in the microwave. I usually brew four shots of espresso with a cup of milk.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• If you want your mochas coffee shop style you need to steam the milk. I have friends at Starbucks!lol Just double it up if you want a bigger one, or play around with it, you'll figure it out. A Mocha is steamed milk, 2 to 3 shots of espresso and cocoa or syrup depends what you like. Cappucino is steamed milk, and espresso, latte is mostly steamed milk and less coffee. A red eye is coffee and espresso together.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Cocoa doesn't clump if you know how to use it....home made hot cocoa from scratch it's the best, add espresson to it, tada, really good mocha.
    Anonymous