How can I get songs on my Ipod shuffle?

I have some songs already on there that I added from my desk top but the desktop is out of commission so I went to do it from my laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the songs from my itunes library to my ipod. I think I need to sync it or something but it won't let me. I am at a total loss and getting very frustrated =(

P.S. I don't mind having to wipe out all the stuff currently on the ipod, in fact I would prefer it...

maranda1389

Asked by maranda1389 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Technology

• My dd says your manual is online. That should tell you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I tried looking in the online manual and it just gave directions for the first time putting songs on it... Thanks though =)
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• OMG...my step-son brought his ipod down a few weeks ago to add some of the songs we have and what a pain in the ass it was. In the end i think i figured it out but i was about to throw the laptop and his damn ipod in the trash!! If i remember I had to make a list and then sync it then do something else....GOOD LUCK! and i think the computer has to have an app for ipod.I remember downloading an itunes program or something...
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 4:02 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Yep. Already downloaded itunes. When I plug it in my computer doesn't even reconize it as a new device which is why I think I am not able to sync it.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I just answered a very similar question in my group here on CafeMom.

There's a great program that allows transfers and will recognize your iPhone that I recommend within the post.

Just type: iphone
    Into the search this group function.

Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group
    PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 6:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I meant to say also that the secondary link (not the program) is what you're looking for... (but the program is a handy tool to have!)

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 6:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Good luck! I don't deal with Apple products.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• me either gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010