i am 16 weeks

i am 16 weeks and still havent heard my babys heartbeat my dr says that i am mesuring a little small. is something wrong with the baby?

HardyGirl19

Asked by HardyGirl19 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe its just that the doctor origionally estimated your due date wrong and your not as far along as doc thought. This can happen especailly if you have irregular periods. It can be determined more easily how far along you are when u have your ultrasound.
    Anonymous

• could be they way your placenta is placed, if it's on the top/front of your uterus then it is harder to hear/feel the baby.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 3:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Are they using an ultrasound machine or the Doppler? I'd demand they use the ultrasound machine.
    MommyG721

Answer by MommyG721 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• they have been useing the doppler. and i am worried. my first u/s will be in Febuary and my next appointment is jan 18th
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 3:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• haven't heard the heartbeat?! the doctor isn't concerned? you should've had an ultrasound alot sooner! I don't wanna scare you but I just find that odd.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above anon. answer. The doctor told me that it's rare to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler before 12 weeks, and for them to not care at 16wks is concerning me,as it should anyone.

I'd call back, and really dig into it. feel free to get heated about it with a doctor or nurse, you have the right to care and know.
    MommyG721

Answer by MommyG721 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would demand an ultrasound now! With my last pregnancy at 12 weeks we couldn't hear the babys heart beat and I had an ultrasound immediatly. It turned out that the baby didn't have a heart beat. So I'm not trying to worry you but that's pretty odd. I have been able to hear this babys heart beat since I was 8 weeks.
    happy2bamommy86

Answer by happy2bamommy86 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2009