What are toddler friendly ideas for New Years Eve?

I'm actually off and I have no social life. So it will be just me and my little boy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Holidays

• Hmm, I would pop in a good family movie that you both enjoy maybe buy some sparkaliing grape juice for you and he can have some grape juice and you guys can bring in the new year together with a toast. :-) Other than that i have no idea. I hope you have blastthough!!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• We have 4 girls, ages 6 months, 1 1/2, and two 3 year olds. We usually let them stay up as long as they can make it, and if they make it, let them watch the ball drop for the countdown! We do family time, arts and crafts like coloring, making paper chains, cards for family members, etc. We play kid friendly games and make little appetizers or cookies to snack on. And of course, a movie! :) Its just a big deal to be together as a family on New Years night. I believe it brings us luck for the new year. :)
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 5:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• We have a special supper - little smokies (cocktail weinies some people call them), crescent rolls, a bunch of other things like that. Let the kids watch a movie if they're behaving, play some games, and get them to bed as close to normal time as possible so they're not cranky on New Year's day!
    Anonymous

• Do you have a good girl friend you could invite over>if not make a really good dinner, put kiddo to bed, take a nice long bath, rent an awesome movie and count your blessings, also have some champagne,,,,my friends come over every year and spend the night and we have a what did we do wrong last year, and what are we going to do right this year party, enjoy your kiddo!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• if you really look you might be able to find some placeing having a kid friendly new years eve party i knwo a few places in my area ahve them and the "ball drops" at 8pm and all the little ones feal like they rang in the new year its kinda nice i knwo the skating rinks and infdoor play places around me are the ones having the parties
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2009