Mice?!!! help!

OK we have mice weve done poisen and sticky traps and we thght we killed them all then all of a sudden i notice some mice droppings behind a book shelf we moved i dont know if its old or new droppings, How do i tell if theyre still here, and do yall have any? did you get rid of them? If so what is the best way to get rid of them??!

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• BTW we live on base housing and its sucks. We called maintenance and all they gave us was one boxtrap with poisen, IAM DESPERATE! we leave in January to Travis AFB, but i just cant bare to live here knowing there may be mice i have ahuge phobia!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Rachael Ray had a mouse catching expert on the other day. He had some great ideas. Try going to her site and linking to him and his ideas.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I would lend you one of my kitties, but they probably wouldn't travel well. I would do so more "treats" for the mice in places that the kiddos cannot reach. I keep the stuff under much kitchen sink and it serves us very well. Too bad I can't do the same for the rats in my garden.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Just leave your traps out, if you haven't seen any, you hopefully got rid of the all, but sticky trap left where you found the droppings, you will know soon enough if there are any more mice!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Like kimigogo said, leave some traps out and see what happens. If you don't get anything within a day or so, they're old droppings. We haven't had a mouse in our house for 2 years and we still a few traps in very strategic places.
    Anonymous

• call maintenance again! they have 72 hours to respond to your call (during the week ovbiously), and if they wont help you, call the housing office and bother them until you get your problem solved. thats what one of my neighbors had to do. and find out the pest control sched, here its thurdays. they might be able to give you more info about it.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2009