Baby Mobiles

Opinions please!
What is the best one to keep a baby entertained in her crib?
And what is the best one to lull baby to sleep?
Thank you!

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 6:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got one of the old style ones and i was so disappointed... it only lasted for two minutes and then it turns off.. not at all long enough to keep baby busy... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3120614 that link is to the one my daughter has.. ITS LIKE MY BEST FRIEND... it used to put her out and keep her busy in bed until she was ready to fall asleep... and it kept her busy in the morning too.. she's 11 months now and she's been able to turn it on by herself for months now.. its the scariest sound in the middle of the night when i hear her turn it on lol but yeah i would get that one its like the best life saver ever
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• the only reason i had mine was because it came with the bed set. i never used it. but i had a baby monitor with a light show, she loved it :) the mobile just doesnt last long enough for me to spend the extra bucks on it. once they are rolling over, and sitting up, you gotta get rid of it. plus, the perks of the monitor let me have some light without too much at night, and it played a few songs, so that also soothed her.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I never had a mobile either, because they can only use them for a few short months until they are sitting up. Have you thought about one of the light up "aquariums" that attach to the side of the crib? It entertains my son, but others have said it helps their get to sleep

Answer by missanc at 7:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• i got one a little late but it came with a remote so if it turns off and she is still fussy can turn it on again. but it was one with a light show. i have a detachable mobile so the light show can shine on the ceiling. i took it off the crib so now i have to unscrew the mobile and put it back on so she can have the light on the ceiling but she loved it. it had classical music, nature, heartbeat. and it had animals. i liked it. it worked for the amount of time i had it.
    Anonymous

• I've found it is best not to keep a baby entertained in the crib...maybe its just my baby. =) Distractions can keep her from falling asleep. For younger babies, swaddling, walking or rocking is the best way to get them in sleep mode. From a young age, I suggest putting baby down awake or at least partly awake (you know...when the long blinks come and baby is just about to drift off....put her in her crib). This way baby learns to go to sleep without assistance. Your baby should eventually be aware enough to know that you are leaving the room. This way baby isn't freaked out when she wakes up alone. For older babies...a consistent bedtime routine is key. Bottle, Bath, story, bed for instance. Its not a good idea to rely on the bottle to put baby to sleep...you'll regret it when it comes time to switch to a sippy cup. If baby knows how to go to sleep on her own then the transition will be much easier! Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2009