If you had the chance to visit, view or partake in a religious cerimony that you were unfamiliar with would you do it??

Ex: Christian's would you go to a Pagan Ritual?
OR
Pagans would you attend an Islamic religious celebration?

I'm not saying convert, just observe and learn?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course. It'd be fun and a great learning experience. I pity the person who can't see past their own nose.
    Anonymous

• It would likely depend on the situation. We live in a neighborhood that has one of the city's only mosques. Every couple of years they hold an open house for us to come and learn and we love it. It's not religious, but the Imam does explain the prayers and allows us in their prayer room/sanctuary.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• That would be awesome! ^^ I would love to see something like that. Personally I have never seen a Mosque in person. As I have recently come to understand Pittsburgh has one of the nation's oldest Mosques and I would love to visit it, but they keep most of their religious practices private and visitors are only allowed in so far...

I myself have been to a number of religious ceremonies from other ways of life. I find them all beautiful! I would like to attend Islamic, Native American and Hindu ceremonies but I don't believe I will ever have the chance.

If anyone is interested I did just post a video of a beautiful Yule ritual in my End Religious Intolerance group...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I would love to go to a handfasting.
    Anonymous

• I would love to see this, I had the chance to see a Greek orthodox wedding once, and it was beautiful, I think more appreciation of religions is what we could use!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I would go to a wedding or a funeral, or a party. But I would not just go and be a part of a pagan ritual.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• it would be my pleasure
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 7:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• If I was invited I'd go.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Probably not. I'm not a people person, and there would be people there. And for a ceremony or ritual, there would likely be a lot of touching and non-respect of individual personal boundaries. So I would not enjoy it for those reasons. I prefer my education on things to come from words. Now, were there no autistic issues to contend with, no I would not think attending other rituals would be contagious or anything.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I have.. a mormon funeral, a new age wedding and catholic wedding. I'd love to attend a jewish wedding.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2009