Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have the email address of someone that stole my Credit Card. Is there a way to search it and find out who they are??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (12)
  • i think you can search facebook, myspace, linkedin. with an email addy to see who they are

    Answer by Aasiyah at 7:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • I would file a police report and give the evidence to the cops.

    Answer by sandytoshiko at 7:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • Yeah, let the police trace it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • How do you know it's them who stole your credit card? You can't just go running to the police unless you have concrete proof. They'll just file a report and tell you there's nothing they can do. You need to contact your credit card company first and formost. they have a team that investigates that stuff.

    Answer by Steff107 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • Give it to the police department and they will be able to trace it to the person. You will need to file a police report, but they will find out who it is. DO NOT do it on your own. Call your credit card company and tell them your card was lost or stolen and they will close the account and set up a new one, but you will also need to file a police report.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • Have you guys ever had a credit card stolen on the internet? My mom did. The police told her to report it to the credit card company. The credit card company runs an investigation, and if there is something concrete enough they report it to the proper authorities. It's not that simple for the cops to just track down an email address. Go to the credit card company. Doing it yourself may unintentionally tamper with evidence.

    Answer by Steff107 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • notify your crredit account company and let them know that your credit card was stolen.

    Answer by margodod at 9:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • Give the email to the credit card company and the police.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • file a police report for your record but don't stop there, give the email address to your creditor's fraud department, you can also google the email address in quotation marks (i.e. "") to pull up anything public on the internet that may identify this individual. hth and I hope this perpetrator is found out and justice is served! Be Blessed!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

  • Turn the information over to the police.

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN