My hubands grandfather...

We visted with my husbands grandfather for Christmas and this 89 year old man is amazing! He has such stories to tell, he has a memory like none other. He is also a ww11 vet and told us so much about this countries history. He became really emotional when talking about the terror he went through when serving this country. To listen to him talk is so moving, I am so glad we still have him on this earth. He knows so much and has lived through things that none of us can imgaine. Thank you grandpa!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 8:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always loved to listen to the stories my Grandfather used to tell. He was really an old timer born 1898. I well always miss him. I learned a lot from him and as I have gotten older I realize that how right he was on even more things then I ever realized when I was younger.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 11:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It would have been a nice thing to record for generations to come.
    Anonymous

• I work with the elderly most are 80 or old and I know what you mean! I have learned so much from them.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I really think that older people are so great. They lived in this country when it truely was the "American Dream."
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• How neat! How Lucky! I don't have any Family. Besides my DDs & their's! I think that's Great! Enjoy all you can!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• What a gift you two had in hearing those stories.
    Anonymous