I have 3 month old twins. As a Christian how am I suppose to go about the whole Santa Clause thing? After all it is one of the biggest lies ever told.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I don't do the whole Santa thing with my girls. We tell them who Nicholas was, but Santa has nothing really to do with that generous Greek named Nicholas!!!

It is up to you. I don't think it is a terrible thing, but I just feel personally that I don't want my dd to think that Jesus is just another fun character that I made up to keep her in line and make life magical.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Okay first off they are three months old, they probably don't even know where they are right now. I highly doubt your babies are sitting up waiting for santa. Second, stimulating your childs imagination is not a sin. Quit picking everything apart or you'll be miserable.
    Anonymous

• Share with them the SPIRIT of Christmas. You deal with Santa the same way you would the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• This is a bait post. Telling children that Santa is real is far from one of the worst lies a parent tells children. How many parents tell a child " Just a minute" or "I'll play with you later"? When parents stop doig this then we can all stop letting children believe in Santa.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• If you believe it is a lie, then what are you asking for? Tell your kids whatever it is you wish....why the need to shit on others traditions today? Geez....do you get some kind of joy out of asking a question this way? If you're telling your kids JEsus is some sort of "God" then you're already lying to them...so whats one more?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Aren't all post bait post? Post are put out to get other peoples thoughts about a topic. I didn't say it was the worst lie ever told. I said biggest, meaning widely told and accepted.
    Anonymous

• You may find your answer in this post!

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/349585/Have_you_heard_of_the_Kneeling_Santa_Santa_worshipping_Jesus

I have always told my kids that Santa is Jesus's friend & works for the lord spreading joy on Christ's Birthday!!! One day they will know that Santa is (most likely fictional, lol) but they will still know that Jesus exists. If our children cannot have a imagination, how can they have faith? If they can not temporarily believe in a fictional character then perhaps they should not read fictional books or watch fictional movies? If Santa was real, don't you think Jesus would love him?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

sdc9579

Answer by sdc9579 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 25, 2009