Body of Missing Maryland Girl Found Near State Border...........

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said that the body of 11-year-old Sarah H. Foxwell was discovered at about 4 p.m. near the Delaware state line. He offered few other details. Thomas J. Leggs Jr., 30, has been charged in her kidnapping.
Leggs is a former boyfriend of the girl's aunt, who is her legal guardian. A public defender representing him has not returned a phone call.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.
Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is horrible. I cried when I saw this on the news tonight. It is unreal to me this happened in my area. This and the pediatrician that got arrested last week for raping over 100 patients so far, and filming it makes me fearful of where I live. This area has changed so much in the past years :( But is was nice to see the over 3000 vollenteers that came out today to search for her. Even more were turned away because there were too many!
    Who knows why the aunt dated this man. I do not think she should be charged unless there is something to indicate she had something to do with it. I am sure she is beating herself up over her poor choices :(
    RIP Sarah.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Does anyone else think the Aunt should be charged with something and that maybe the people who gave her guardianship of those (her 6 yr old sister saw her leave with the man according to the article) girls should be looked into as well?? I mean this is CRAZY! She KNOWINGLY put these children at risk!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• momof030404

• Why this woman dated this man is a mystery!! How can women be attracted to these kind of men?
    Anonymous

• "who has been convicted of assault several times"

...and yet he is still allowed to walk the streets. How many times do you need to be convicted of the SAME THING before they lock you away for life?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

Our system would rather wait until a childs been murdered before they actually do something then they half ass it at that point. Its sickening isn't it? Child rapists are the worst type of people and are almost never fully reformed. He was called "high risk" yet he is allowed around children? Nice huh? That poor child. May God bless her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• The above poster has a good point. However the same could be said for repeat drunk drivers that put everyones safety at risk every time they pick up that drink and get behind the wheel. Until people really start taking a stand and start shouting to the government nothing will ever change and lives will be changed forever in a split second. Very sad.
    MUDDERING

Answer by MUDDERING at 1:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Very sad..and yes I think anyone involved at all should be looked into..the lady was nuts and selfish apparently for having such a man in her life around children..

I grew up in Maryland and had family from Wicomico
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• how sad. the dumb broad who allowed a sex offender close to her family should be held responsible.
    Anonymous