Can mold cause a sore thoat?

Every time I take my DD to my grandparents house she get a sore thoat...There house is very old. And I am sure it as mold.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Health

• Call your Ped

Answer by streetmama at 12:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It sure could if she has allergies and she has some post nasal drip going on because of it.

Answer by slw123 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• if you inhale it

Answer by fishersmom06 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Sure... but the mold is more likely to cause coughing or other allergy symptoms.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My throat bleeds from black mold usually found in old water damaged houses and apartments. Ill bet she has a mold allergy!! I cant spend more than a half hour in a house with mold. It starts right away as being sore and within an hour my throat is bleeding.

Answer by vbruno at 4:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I called our PED this morning and they said it could... So thank you for your help everyone. Next time we go in they are going to test her for a mold allergy.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'm glad your PED gave you the answer. I am an air specialist. Mold can be a very serious problem. If your grandparents needs something to help with the mold problem. I would recommend that they consider getting an Air Purifier that can kill mold. We have air purifiers that can do this if you would like to take a look. Please visit I hope all ends up well. If you have any questions please contact me.

Answer by Red54 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2008