Christmas Bashing.....

Why do people do it? I'm not saying it's what everyone should celebrate, but how is it any better than bashing anyone elses religious or family tradition? If you had to tell everyone why their personal holiday celebration was stupid, or you hated it, or have to rub in everytime that YOU don't believe in it just because they said the word Christmas. Okay you don't like it, you are entitled to your feelings, but why do we need to bash others for celebrating? If someone tells you merry christmas they aren't telling you to go to hell, it's not a curse! Just wish them back with your holiday celebration and appreciate the differences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Holidays

• We need a like button to check like facebook has. I don't really have anything to say or add I just agree.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 10:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• ok
    Anonymous

• If someone says "Merry Christmas", well hey, it IS Christmas, it's wishing me a blessing, I thank them and wish them a Merry Christmas in return. It makes them feel good, and me too. It's a win-win situation. If you go through life using good manners and looking at things in a positive light, it makes life a lot easier and more pleasant for everyone concerned. (Not saying be a damn Pollyanna, but use common sense and act reasonable.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I heard that.

Anonymous

• Answered at 7:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 by: Anonymous Anonymous

I heard that.

Well, she typed it out loud! :)

Anonymous

• Thats what I have been saying!

If I say Merry Christmas to someone, I don't expect them to give me a speech about whether they are Christian or not. I just want them to say it back or say Happy Hannukah or whatever it is they celebrate.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• he he he...I agree! I don't bash others who belive differently even though I find their religion a bit bizarre! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I agree with Pagan_mama. That's exactly how I feel. Christmas IS my holiday, but if someone wished me a Happy Hannukah, I would simply thank them and wish them one also. I don't see any reason to bash anyone else for NOT celebrating the same holidays as you. That's just silly.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:41 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Amen Sister! I completely agree :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I wished someone a merry Christmas a few weeks ago and they responded with "happy solstice" or something. No drama, we celebrate different holidays, big deal right? I also wish folks would stop Christmas bashing, just celebrate your holiday and leave other people's celebrations alone.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 3:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2009