Is anyone familiar with Gandhi's philosophy that there is no devil, only God and that everything that happens (bad or good) in the world is at the hands of God, only we as humans may not understand the purpose, if so how do you feel about this thought?

ScarlettBe1

Asked by ScarlettBe1 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think we all make our own Hell on earth. I don't think there IS a Devil. It is an explanation for the bad things that peopl;e do and all of our own selfish harmful thoughts. It is easier to blame bad stuff on a Devil, not ourselves.
    Anonymous

• That would not give balance. There has to be evil to balance with good (ying/yang).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• i think that there's no hell. no matter what we do, we will all go to heaven.
    Anonymous

• I agree that there is no "devil"....thats a manmade idea to instill fear into people. When people are fearful, they are easier to control.
    I don't believe in a God either....but I do believe we all have the divinity within us. We control the good and bad in our lives; no one else.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Makes sense.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Ever thought that the devil made that lie about himself to decieve the people into believing that Satan and hell is not real? Well that's what he did.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009