Would you go?

If you had been dating a guy for a while and he asked you on vacation and wanted you to pay half would you go? or do you feel that since he is asking you to go he should foot the bill. It was just weird how he asked...it seemed so sweet, discussing how great the trip would be and how much fun we would have....but out of the blue it was like"however if you want to go with me you will need to pay half." I can pay half. money is not the issue. It just felt odd. Maybe I am overracting but I feel like telling him I cant go. I really like him though. Maybe he just asked wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• He asked, he should pay.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• yea..since he asked he should pay..If yall were discussing a trip mutually then yes yall should split it..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:32 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• He asked!!!
    Anonymous

• yeah...i would go for the sake of liking him BUT it is weird how he wanted you to pay half. now i had once dated a guy who i said "jeez, i can pay for something, you know" so he let me pay for supper but then he said i should leave the waitress a tip so he told me how much. well i guess i asked for it, right?

this other guy i dated no matter how much i said i'd pay at least my half, he wouldnt let me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• It sounds like your relationship isn't steady or intimate enough to go away together on a vacation. I think if you do choose to go and pay your way that this may be the beginning to the end of your relationship.

If you really like him and want this relationship to last and progress into perhaps marriage, then you should stick to tradition...no going dutch on dates, no overnight visits, etc...until your relationship is ready for a more steady comittment.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• If he asked then he should pay. It's not like the both of ya'll was planning a trip together from the get go. His idea and he invited you. I think I would feel ackward if a guy invited me and then expected me to pay half. A guy that I"ve talked for maybe a few months was planning a trip and invited me but he was going to pay for everything.
    Anonymous

• What ever happened to DATING???? And a vacation? Seems to me its way to early. Shows that he is asking for you to pay half. I wouldnt go and I wouldnt pay half either.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't go either. You two obviously aren't at that comfort level yet and the last place you want to be is stuck somewhere for a week with someone you discover you can't stand or get along with.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 12:01 AM on Dec. 26, 2009