Calling a JW's/Jehovah's!!!! I am dating a JW and need help1

I have a few questions! I am not a JW nor do I plan on being on being one. I have some questions to ask. What will happen to him since he is not dating a JW. Do they beleive that women a submissive?? Do you follow the OT of the Bible?? What happens if you celebrate hoildays?? Will they bug me to become a JW??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• One of the reasons I stopped practicing is due to the ways they push others to become a believer. They do frown upon dating outside of the religion but wont do anything to him for dating you; as long as he doesn't sin! Now if you to are sexually active and he is batised then he will be disfellowshiped. They will speak to him about his intentions with you; whether or not he wants to marry you,etc. Yes they will offer you bible study and might come off being pushy to conform but should not demand it!!! My grandfather conformed but my grandmother did not, and they did not push the issue!!! My mom out of 4 kids is a JW. I believe in the faith but I'm too much of a sinner to attempt to go back, plus I don't like I'm being rushed or pushed into it before I am 100% percent ready to(not just religion, but every aspect of my life!) Its not a bad religion at all by any means but they do need to work on their people skills!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• This religion has helped me be more considerate of others feelings, thoghts, and views; and not just peoples but God's as well! When I can commit myself 100% to Jehovah I plan on going back! They are nothing like Mormans or a cult or any negative thing people beieve!!!! All I can say to you is talk to him and ask him what he enjoys and or likes about the religion. Have an open mind. I'm not asking or telling you to convert but instead gain some insight and judge for yourself! GL and BW!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Thanks!! Idk if he is baptised. We are living in sin. Well he is I don't care. how does the hoildays work for you grandparents?? today, i went over and hungout with my famliy and he did his own thing.
    Anonymous

• So are you dating, or living together? If you're living together, and you care about him at all, I'd hope you would care how your arrangement affects his standing, concerning his religion, and such. Otherwise, he's in for a long miserable trip, stuck with someone who doesn't care as much as he thinks she does.

"Well he is I don't care."--op
    Anonymous

• What will happen to him since he is not dating a JW---Nothing, not supposed to have premarital sex though. If baptized, he will be disfellowshipped.

Do they believe that women a submissive? wives are to have deep respect for their husband as dh are head of household, dh is to listen to your voice and respect you as well, you are the helper that Jehovah has blessed the man with.

Do you follow the OT of the Bible? We follow the bible as best as possible.

What happens if you celebrate hoildays? Not sure what the congregation would do, but by celebrating the holidays you are going against what we believe. We know that the holidays are pagan in origin, and we know that that is not pleasing to our creator.

Will they bug me to become a JW? I have to say, some can be very pushy, but we are not all that way. I would never push someone to do something that they didnt want to do.

Anonymous

• I had meant in what I belive in I don't care that living together is a sin. We have talked about living together to an extent. He doesn't really care.
    Anonymous

----------------

Then he's not really committed. Premarital sex is a big one. It's God's word that he needs to listen to. If you really care about him and if he really loves God, you guys can wait for sex until marriage. I know that that can be difficult but it can be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Well he isn't commited. He doesn't go to hall or anything. He was having sex way before I came along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

------------------

Well, then why even bother asking the questions. He's decided to leave the faith, so i guess it doesnt matter. It doesnt matter to him and you've already stated that you have no interest in the faith, so it doesnt matter to you either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• No need to be a bitch. I can ask whatever question I choose. You however can make the choice of no answering it. He still has faith and chooses to follow some of the rules. That goes with every religon, Some choose to follow what the rules are and some don't. You can have faith and not attend church or read the bible. We all are sinners and we all have and will contunined to sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2009