Help! My boyfriend is a preacher

I started dating this guy who is a preacher. So far hes a really great guy. The problem is that hes a preacher. I have been knowing him most of my life. He has a reputation of being a "player" and for playing games with women. He says it is his past but he was still preaching at the time but says that preachers are not perfect. I am beginning to look at him differently as a "man of God". What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• He is not just a "ex-player" he is a hypocrite. I agree, a man of God is not a womanizer. Find someone who at least is honest with you and themselves.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• It's true that preachers are humans, and struggle just like anyone else. He very much have had an issue with this in the past, even as a preacher, but he very much could have over came it too. Time will tell. Don't jump in to anything too quick with him, and observe him.
    Anonymous

• Judge the tree by its fruit. A man of God isn't a womanizer. If it's really in his past, he won't be a "player" anymore.

If you're uncomfortable with what he believes to be his calling, you may need to re-evaluate the relationship. He may not be the one for you.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• IMO if he has a reputation of being a player and you want a serious relationship, I would find someone else to date.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure telling you it's in the past is part of his player line to women. I'd cut him loose and pray for him!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Player turned preacher, i would run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• LOL @ last comment!
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• WOW, I dont know where to start to answer this Question. Other then. If he is a PReacher.Then maybe he did See the light so to speach and decided to stop being a Hoe, I hope for your sake he did. I would atleast give him a chance, You wont ever know unless you do.
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Besied, What man do you know who can be HONEST and say, HEY I USED TO PLAY FEMALES. NOW IM A PREACHER..... SO give him a try, I bet he is a wonderful Man of God Now.
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 4:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2009