my MIL is driving me NUTS

she's here for another 10 days or so... till Jan. 7th. Any suggestions on how to cope? I'm litteraly loosing my mind trying not to scream at her and kick her out of my house!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• HAHAHAHA yes I laughed. And the ONLY way I can handle my crazy MIL is smile and nod. Be very kind. With lotsa "naps" where I shut my door and watch my tv. lololol
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Get and do something by yourself or go see a friend on some days she's at your house.
    Anonymous

• Just out of curiousity what is she doing to drive you nuts?
    Anonymous

• what exactly is she doing?being bossy sticking her nose into your family buisness telling you how to treat her son and how to raise your kids???if you anwsered yes to any of those questions then she is doing her job as a motherinlaw!!!LOL just trying to make you laugh...have a good day mark the days on your calendar and hope it will soon be over
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• if you anwsered yes to any of those questions then she is doing her job as a mother inlaw!!

this is true lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I would say I need to make something food wise and say that that is also your alone time.. she cannot come in. she should understand?
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• She's a very abrasive, strong personality. Everything she says comes across as nagging or belitting. When she talks to ANYONE- whether it be me, her son, her husband... she talks to us like we're stupid. She's here to help us with the new baby and instead I feel like she's stressing me OUT! And I can't tell my husband bc he hasn't spent a holiday with his mom in 10 years... he's on cloud nine. The kids don't seem to mind her... I feel like I'm the only one going out of my mind- and I'm REALLY trying to step back and realize that it's just her personality and mine- we just don't mix and that's okay... but sometimes I just wanna reach over and smack her. Some of the things are downright WRONG (she argued with the doctor in the delivery room, as well as me AND my hubby and insisted that she be allowed to stay, even after I asked her repeatedly to leave. Then later she asked if we could go sight seeing that weekend CONT)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• because she was "bored" and wanted to get out of the house. I just delivered a 9 lb 10 oz baby and she wants me to "get up off my lazy butt" and go sight seeing?!?!) Those are just two examples. She's very selfish, and thinks she's in charge by default. Everything is about her- even though her trip was meant to be to help us out when the new baby arrived. It's not so much sticking her nose into our business and telling me how to run things... we asked her to come and do pretty much just that- take over MY job so I could recover. It's more that she's not interested in helping out. She's here to enjoy herself. She ignores my kids and plays on our Wii all day long, or reads her book. When I ask her for something, she yells at her husband (again, like he's a two year old) and tells him to do it... ugh. Idk. I don't wanna go into the rant. She's just difficult all around... lol. I need to get out!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• tell her to get a hotel room. Be honest with your hubby.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2009