Do you swell and shrink?

Im not pregnant, but i notice around 7pm nightly, my fingers seem to shrink. my ring starts sliding around my finger and i have to adjust it every few seconds. by the next morning though, the fit is the way it should be.
I also notice shrinkage with my clothes fitting different, but i was chalking that up to being worn all day?

mrsjosey1018200

Asked by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• in the mornings i swell esp in my hands and fingers, not sure whats up with that, im guessing either arthritis or water retention
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• A lot of it has to do with retaining water. If you eat or drink something heavy at night (or even water can do this) you might wake up swollen in the morning. At night, you've usually already digested your food and that's could be why your clothes fit differently.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Probably water retention. I notice mine do this too. Mine's swollen slightly in the mornings, then again sometimes at night if I've eaten a lot of sodium that day. I am on a low sodium diet, and I definitely notice a difference in the amount of swelling and the severity of the swelling when it does happen. But with the low sodium diet, it rarely happens now for me. So I attributed mine to water retention.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• well i havent changed my diet, and ive just started noticing this change within the last few weeks. its not really a swelling, its more like i shrink at night lol
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Also it has to do with temperatures around you, and at night your body temp drops a little to prepare for sleep when you are cooler things shrink, when you are warm they swell
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• This may be TMI, but I noticed in the mornings if my DH and I have sex, I am swollen "down there" too. It seems to be only in the mornings though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Face it ladies, we're getting older and our bodies don't "bounce back" the way they used to.

:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2009