why would this be bad luck?

My daughter was buying something in a pagan store across the street from us and she was talking to the owner about her father when at that moment a dagger fell from the wall and onto the floor. MY daughter asked if that was bad luck and the owner said yes but didn't want to tell her why it was bad luck or what might happen? I can't find anything on a web search about the meaning of a dagger falling. any one know?????????????

lich663

Asked by lich663 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, and take care not to drop silverware unless you want company -- maybe lots of company: a teaspoon says a child, a fork says a female, a knife says a male and a bunch of cutlery says a bunch of people will be dropping by quite soon. However, if a knife falls to the floor and faces an uncommon entrance, it speaks of an unwelcome visitor. These omens don't seem to have a definite origin...they just took on a life of their own. My guess is little girls kept showing up after teaspoons fell to the floor. And so on. I think I might go drop some knives

http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-Walking-Under-a-Ladder-Really-Bad-Luck?--Superstitions-and-Their-Origins&id=2325202

Also still waiting to hear from my friend lol now im as curious as you :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It really just sounds like he's just saying it was bad luck that it fell on the floor-not meaning anything about paganism really.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• right but why would it be bad luck?
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I just asked one of my pagan friends she is looking it up but said it could be a few minutes. I tried google also and couldnt find anything. Hopefully i can get an answer for you or at least let you know if the owner is full of it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• i dont believe in bad luck. i dont think you should worry about that, you'll drive yourself nuts. if something happens, its not because something fell, if that was the case we would all be screwed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It cant be bad luck. Your daughter was okay. Maybe it is a warning of near by or unattended/unsuspecting danger or threat. I would take it as a sign of warning and a need to be fully aware of she is surrounding by.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:02 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• it fell when she mentioned her dad so she's worried about him
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Then maybe she is the one that can help/prevent whatever threatening negativity is surrounding her dad.

-just an idea
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• well she IS becoming more intuitive.
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• or perhaps it just fell..and meant nothing.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2009